Japan PM Abe: Bold monetary easing needed to beat deflation
TOKYO Jan 11 (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Friday that bold monetary easing is essential in beating deflation and a strong yen.
"We need to deploy bold monetary policy, flexible fiscal policy and a growth strategy to boost private investment at the same time, in order to revive a strong economy," Abe said at a news conference.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media