Britain backs French military intervention in Mali
LONDON Jan 11 (Reuters) - Britain supports France's decision to give military support to the government in Mali to stem an advance by Islamist rebels, British Foreign Secretary William Hague said on Friday.
"UK supports (the) French decision to provide assistance to (the) Government of Mali in the face of (the) rebel advance," Hague said in a message on Twitter.
A Foreign Office spokesman said Hague was offering his "political support".
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data