France carried out air strike in Mali -foreign min
PARIS Jan 11 (Reuters) - France's air force carried out an air strike in Mali on Friday as it supported government forces trying to halt a push south by Islamist rebels who control the north, Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said.
Asked at a news conference whether there had been an air strike since France began its military intervention a few hours earlier, Fabius replied, "Yes."
He said as far as he knew France was the only country that was assisting the Malian government militarily for now.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report