France carried out air strike in Mali -foreign min
PARIS Jan 11 (Reuters) - France's air force carried out an air strike in Mali on Friday as it supported government forces trying to halt a push south by Islamist rebels who control the north, Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said.
Asked at a news conference whether there had been an air strike since France began its military intervention a few hours earlier, Fabius replied, "Yes."
He said as far as he knew France was the only country that was assisting the Malian government militarily for now.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |