CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends little changed, RIM offsets weaker miners
TORONTO, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index pared earlier losses to close near flat on Friday as a surge in Research In Motion shares offset mining stocks that fell on softer commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index edged 2.44 points higher, or 0.02 percent, to 12,602.18. This was the index's higher close in more than 10 months. However, six of the index's 10 main groups were in negative territory.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found