CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends little changed, RIM offsets weaker miners
TORONTO, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index pared earlier losses to close near flat on Friday as a surge in Research In Motion shares offset mining stocks that fell on softer commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index edged 2.44 points higher, or 0.02 percent, to 12,602.18. This was the index's higher close in more than 10 months. However, six of the index's 10 main groups were in negative territory.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia