CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends little changed, RIM offsets weaker miners
TORONTO, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index pared earlier losses to close near flat on Friday as a surge in Research In Motion shares offset mining stocks that fell on softer commodity prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index edged 2.44 points higher, or 0.02 percent, to 12,602.18. This was the index's higher close in more than 10 months. However, six of the index's 10 main groups were in negative territory.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics