Commerzbank falls on trader talk of possible rights issue
LONDON Jan 11 (Reuters) - Shares in Commerzbank shed 4.3 percent in heavy volume on Friday, with traders citing talk of the need for a possible rights issue for one of Germany's largest banks.
Commerzbank declined to comment.
Volume on Commerzbank was 120 percent of its 90-day daily average around 1030 GMT, compared to just 36 percent traded on the FTSEurofirst 300.
(Reporting By David Brett; Editing by Toni Vorobyova)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East