- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Nikkei hits 23-mth high on Abe's comments; Fast Retailing shines
TOKYO, Jan 11 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei hit a 23-month high on Friday, with exporters up on a weaker yen after Prime Minister Shinzo Abe reportedly said the central bank should consider pursuing maximum employment, while Fast Retailing jumped after strong quarterly results. The Nikkei ended 1.4 percent higher at 10,801.57 Points, while the broader Topix index gained 1.1 percent to 898.69. Index heavyweight Fast Retailing, the owner of the casual clothing chain Uniqlo, climbed 4.8 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this