Pão de Açúcar share auction grows to 17 mln shares -trader
SAO PAULO Jan 11 (Reuters) - An auction of preferred shares of Grupo Pão de Açúcar has been expanded to 17 million shares from 13 million shares previously, a trader with knowledge of the transaction said on Friday.
Pão de Açúcar's chairman, Abílio Diniz, has offered to sell part of his stake in Brazil's biggest retailer as part of a plan to diversify his holdings and reinvest in other local companies, another source told Reuters earlier on Friday on condition of anonymity.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat