Pão de Açúcar share auction grows to 17 mln shares -trader
SAO PAULO Jan 11 (Reuters) - An auction of preferred shares of Grupo Pão de Açúcar has been expanded to 17 million shares from 13 million shares previously, a trader with knowledge of the transaction said on Friday.
Pão de Açúcar's chairman, Abílio Diniz, has offered to sell part of his stake in Brazil's biggest retailer as part of a plan to diversify his holdings and reinvest in other local companies, another source told Reuters earlier on Friday on condition of anonymity.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.