France's Hollande to make statement on Mali Friday
PARIS (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande will make a statement on Mali's request for military assistance from Paris during a New Year speech to diplomats around mid-morning on Friday, a diplomatic source said.
"He will speak on this issue," the source said of Mali's request, which was also sent to the United Nations Security Council.
(Reporting by Elizabeth Pineau; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow