Boehner sets Feb 12 for Obama's state of the union speech
WASHINGTON Jan 11 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Friday formally invited President Barack Obama to deliver the annual state of the union address to Congress on Feb. 12.
In a letter inviting Obama to address a joint session of Congress, Boehner, a Republican, said Americans expected Congress and the White House to work together to find solutions.
The speech from the Democratic president will come days before the U.S. Treasury is expected to run out of funds to pay government bills.
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home