Mali intervention will put French citizens at risk: Islamists
BAMAKO (Reuters) - France's military intervention against Islamist fighters in northern Mali will put French citizens at risk, a spokesman for insurgent group Ansar Dine said on Saturday.
"There are consequences, not only for French hostages, but also for all French citizens wherever they find themselves in the Muslim world," Sanda Ould Boumama told Reuters. "We are going to continue resisting and defend ourselves. We are ready to die fighting."
(Reporting by Tiemoko Diallo; Writing by Joe Bavier; Editing by Andrew Roche)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes