Citic to buy UK's CWC, Portugal Telecom stakes in Macau telco
HONG KONG Jan 13 (Reuters) - China's Citic Telecom International and Citic Pacific have agreed to buy a 79 percent stake in a Macau telecom company from U.K.-based Cable & Wireless Communications and Portugal Telecom for $1.16 billion, the Chinese companies said in a statement on Sunday.
Citic Telecom already owns a 20 percent stake in Companhia de Telecomunicações de Macau SARL (CTM), Macau's leading telecoms company.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers Japan, South Korea
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape