Mali rebels have taken town of Diabaly -French govt
PARIS Jan 14 (Reuters) - Islamist rebels have taken control of the town of Diabaly in central Mali, French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Monday.
"They took Diabaly ... after fierce fighting and resistance from the Malian army that was not able to hold them off at that moment," Le Drian told BFM television.
However, he said the fighting was continuing and French and Malian forces were fighting to push the rebels out of the area.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |