Golf-McIlroy signs multi-year deal with Nike
ABU DHABI Jan 14 (Reuters) - World number one golfer Rory McIlroy has signed a "multi-year" sponsorship agreement with U.S. sportswear giant Nike, the company said on Monday at a joint news conference with the Northern Irish athlete.
Commercial terms were not disclosed but the deal is reported to be worth as much as $250 million over 10 years, one of the most lucrative in global sports. It means McIlroy will endorse a range of Nike golfing equipment including clubs, clothing and footwear.
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria