CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, RIM leads pack
TORONTO, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by Research In Motion Ltd, as investor optimism over the upcoming launch of its BlackBerry 10 devices gained momentum. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 31.88 points, or 0.25 percent, at 12,634.06 shortly after the open.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria