CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher, RIM leads pack
TORONTO, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, led by Research In Motion Ltd, as investor optimism over the upcoming launch of its BlackBerry 10 devices gained momentum. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 31.88 points, or 0.25 percent, at 12,634.06 shortly after the open.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire Washington state school
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Police say New York hatchet attack by Islamic convert was terrorist attack |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |