CANADA STOCKS-TSX flat as optimism for RIM offsets energy stocks
TORONTO, Jan 14 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock exchange finished little changed on Monday as a rally in Research In Motion Ltd shares was offset by softer energy stocks, which were pressured in part by choppy oil prices. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 0.91 of a point at 12,603.09. Energy and materials were the only sectors in negative territory.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |