Pfizer considers purchase of India's Agila Specialties-report
Jan 14 (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc is considering buying India's Agila Specialties, the injectable-medicines unit of Indian drug supplier Strides Arcolab Ltd, for a possible price of $2 billion, Bloomberg reported on Monday.
Pfizer is doing due diligence and a deal could be reached this quarter, Bloomberg reported, citing unnamed sources.
A Pfizer spokeswoman said the company does not comment on market rumors or speculation.
Agila makes cancer treatments and antibiotics, Bloomberg said.
Pfizer shares were up 23 cents at $26.75 on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994