Saudi king appoints prince Saud bin Nayef oil province governor
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Jan 14 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah appointed Prince Saud bin Nayef as governor of the oil-producing Eastern Province, the Royal Court said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA on Monday.
The Eastern Province is where minority Shi'ite Muslims have held protests over the past two years calling for more rights and the release of jailed relatives.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |