Saudi king appoints prince Saud bin Nayef oil province governor
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Jan 14 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah appointed Prince Saud bin Nayef as governor of the oil-producing Eastern Province, the Royal Court said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA on Monday.
The Eastern Province is where minority Shi'ite Muslims have held protests over the past two years calling for more rights and the release of jailed relatives.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P 500 posts worst day since April; indexes down for month
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |