Saudi king appoints prince Saud bin Nayef oil province governor
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Jan 14 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah appointed Prince Saud bin Nayef as governor of the oil-producing Eastern Province, the Royal Court said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA on Monday.
The Eastern Province is where minority Shi'ite Muslims have held protests over the past two years calling for more rights and the release of jailed relatives.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California