Saudi king appoints prince Saud bin Nayef oil province governor
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Jan 14 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah appointed Prince Saud bin Nayef as governor of the oil-producing Eastern Province, the Royal Court said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA on Monday.
The Eastern Province is where minority Shi'ite Muslims have held protests over the past two years calling for more rights and the release of jailed relatives.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |