Saudi king appoints prince Saud bin Nayef oil province governor
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia Jan 14 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah appointed Prince Saud bin Nayef as governor of the oil-producing Eastern Province, the Royal Court said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA on Monday.
The Eastern Province is where minority Shi'ite Muslims have held protests over the past two years calling for more rights and the release of jailed relatives.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq