Spain banks ECB funds dependence falls in December
MADRID Jan 14 (Reuters) - Spanish banks borrowed 357.3 billion euros ($476.4 billion) from the European Central Bank in December, down 2.1 percent from November, data from the Bank of Spain showed on Monday.
The amount of borrowing has fallen from a high of 411 billion euros in August after the ECB pledged to buy bonds of euro zone states should they request aid, which eased funding conditions and allowed some banks to return to capital markets.
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report