Swatch Group acquires Harry Winston for $750 mln
ZURICH Jan 14 (Reuters) - Swatch Group said on Monday it was buying watch and jewellery brand Harry Winston and its 535 employees for $750 million plus up to $250 million of net debt to complement its high-end watch portfolio.
"Harry Winston does brilliantly complement the prestige segment of the Group. We are proud and happy to welcome Harry Winston to the Swatch Group family - diamonds are still a girl's best friend," Chairwoman Nayla Hayek said in a statement.
Swatch Group is known for its colourful plastic Swatch watches but also owns high-end brands Breguet, Blancpain and Jaquet Droz.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |