Swatch Group acquires Harry Winston for $750 mln
ZURICH Jan 14 (Reuters) - Swatch Group said on Monday it was buying watch and jewellery brand Harry Winston and its 535 employees for $750 million plus up to $250 million of net debt to complement its high-end watch portfolio.
"Harry Winston does brilliantly complement the prestige segment of the Group. We are proud and happy to welcome Harry Winston to the Swatch Group family - diamonds are still a girl's best friend," Chairwoman Nayla Hayek said in a statement.
Swatch Group is known for its colourful plastic Swatch watches but also owns high-end brands Breguet, Blancpain and Jaquet Droz.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote