Telenor India unit to continue services in Mumbai after court order
NEW DELHI Jan 14 (Reuters) - Norwegian phone group Telenor's Indian unit said it may decide to bid for airwaves for the Mumbai zone in an auction due in March and will continue its services in the city after the country's Supreme Court allowed more time for revoked cellular permits to continue operations.
The unit, which operates under Uninor brand name, said it will continue to scale down operations in India's Kolkata and West Bengal zones as planned earlier. (Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse