UBS says Novelli rejoins as chairman of global M&A
LONDON Jan 14 (Reuters) - UBS said Piero Novelli had rejoined the Swiss bank as chairman of global mergers and acquisitions, according to a memo to staff on Monday.
Novelli left Japanese bank Nomura last year, where he was global co-head of M&A, after joining it from UBS in January 2011. He was global head of M&A at UBS between 2004 and 2008/09, after joining from Merrill Lynch, where he was head of European M&A.
Novelli will report to investment bank boss Andrea Orcel with the task of strengthening UBS's advisory practice and ensuring greater global connectivity, the memo said. It said his clients in the past have included Repsol, Enel, Renault, Siemens, GM, Ford and Cisco.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage