Citic Telecom shares surge after $1.2 billion Macau deal
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shares in Citic Telecom (1883.HK) surged 13.4 percent on Monday after it agreed to buy a 79 percent stake in a Macau telecom company from Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC.L) and Portugal Telecom (PTC.LS) for $1.2 billion, giving the Chinese company greater access to fast-growing Macau.
(Reporting by Denny Thomas; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |