Citic Telecom shares surge after $1.2 billion Macau deal
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shares in Citic Telecom (1883.HK) surged 13.4 percent on Monday after it agreed to buy a 79 percent stake in a Macau telecom company from Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC.L) and Portugal Telecom (PTC.LS) for $1.2 billion, giving the Chinese company greater access to fast-growing Macau.
(Reporting by Denny Thomas; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |