UBS says Novelli rejoins as chairman of global M&A
LONDON (Reuters) - UBS (UBSN.VX) said Piero Novelli had rejoined the Swiss bank as chairman of global mergers and acquisitions, according to a memo to staff on Monday.
Novelli left Japanese bank Nomura (9716.T) last year, where he was global co-head of M&A, after joining it from UBS in January 2011. He was global head of M&A at UBS between 2004 and 2008/09, after joining from Merrill Lynch (BAC.N), where he was head of European M&A.
Novelli will report to investment bank boss Andrea Orcel with the task of strengthening UBS's advisory practice and ensuring greater global connectivity, the memo said. It said his clients in the past have included Repsol(REP.MC), Enel(ENEI.MI), Renault(RENA.PA), Siemens(SIEGn.DE), GM(GM.N), Ford (F.N)and Cisco(CSCO.O).
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Anjuli Davies)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut