Chavez state 'favorable,' infection controlled - government
CARACAS Jan 13 (Reuters) - Cancer-stricken Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's lung infection has been controlled and his condition is evolving "favorably," the government said in a communique on Sunday.
"Despite his delicate state of health ... in recent days the general medical evolution has been favorable," said the statement. "The respiratory infection is controlled ... the president is conscious."
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea