Volkswagen says 2012 China auto sales up 24.5 pct
BEIJING Jan 14 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG and its China joint ventures sold 2.81 million vehicles in mainland China and Hong Kong in 2012, up 24.5 percent, the German automaker said on Monday.
The growth accelerated from 2011 when the German automaker's China sales rose 17.7 percent.
Volkswagen makes vehicles in China in partnership with FAW Group and SAIC Motor Corp. (Reporting by Fang Yan in BEIJING and Kazunori Takada and Fayen Wong in SHANGHAI)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls