Brazil November retail sales rise 0.3 pct from October
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 0.3 percent in November from October, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday.
Retail sales had been expected to grow 0.2 percent, according to the median estimate of 20 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from a drop of 0.7 percent to an increase of 0.7 percent.
November's retail sales jumped 8.4 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, close to the 8.3 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from 5.2 percent to 9.1 percent growth.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port