Direct Edge to apply for Brazil bourse license within weeks
SAO PAULO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Direct Edge Holdings LLC, the fourth-largest U.S. stock exchange operator, plans to apply for a license to operate a Brazilian bourse in "a matter of weeks," a senior executive told Reuters on Tuesday.
The plan is part of Direct Edge's efforts to grow outside its home turf in markets with high growth potential and robust trading volumes, said Anthony Barchetto, Direct Edge's head of strategy, who oversees business development and external partnerships at the Jersey City, New Jersey-based firm.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade