UniCredit CEE head plays down writedown risks
VIENNA Jan 15 (Reuters) - The head of UniCredit's central and eastern Europe operations played down prospects for goodwill writedowns, saying the region's leading lender had always taken a conservative approach to valuations.
"We feel pretty confident we have a clean house. No surprises," Gianni Franco Papa told a news conference on Tuesday when asked about rival Erste Group Bank's move to book 300 million euros ($401 million) in writedowns, primarily for its Romanian business. ($1 = 0.7482 euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge