Erste Group writes down Romanian unit BCR
VIENNA Jan 15 (Reuters) - Austrian bank Erste Group is writing down its goodwill by 300 million euros ($401 million), mainly for its Romanian subsidiary BCR, it said on Tuesday.
Erste said it expected to post a net profit of about 450 million euros for 2012 as a result of the writedown and the recently announced disposal of its Ukranian subsidiary, but would propose a dividend for 2012. ($1=0.7482 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting