Hollande says UAE Rafale jet deal depends on price
DUBAI Jan 15 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande discussed the possibility of the United Arab Emirates buying Rafale fighter jets during his visit to the Gulf country and said a deal hinged on price.
"We think it's a very good plane ... We have said so to our Emirati friends and they don't disagree," Hollande told a news conference in Dubai during a day-long visit to the United Arab Emirates. "After that, it's a question of price."
A French diplomatic source said last week that France would discuss a long-running possibility for the purchase of 60 Rafale fighters during Hollande's visit but said no contract would be signed during the trip.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections