Fuji Heavy: no notice from Boeing on 787 production changes
TOKYO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd , a supplier for Boeing Co's 787 Dreamliner, said on Tuesday it has not been informed of any production changes for the aircraft following the passenger jet's recent troubles.
Last week, a number of incidents -- fuel leaks, a battery fire, a wiring problem, a brake computer glitch and a cracked cockpit window -- led U.S. authorities to launch a review of the 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
On Monday, Japanese authorities opened their own probe on a Japan Airlines Co-operated jet, whose fuel tank leaked again during checks in Japan following a fuel leak at Boston airport in the United States last week. Both leaks were due to separate valve-related problems.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |