German govt sees 0.4 pct growth in 2013 - ministry official
BERLIN Jan 15 (Reuters) - The German government expects economic growth of 0.4 percent in 2013, accelerating to 1.6 percent in 2014, an economy ministry official told Reuters on Tuesday.
Earlier, the Federal Statistics Office confirmed that Europe's largest economy contracted by a larger-than-expected 0.5 percent in the final quarter of 2012, bringing the overall growth figure for last year to 0.7 percent.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |