Japan LCD equipment maker says major panel makers eyeing investment
TOKYO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Japanese LCD panel equipment maker V Technology Co said on Tuesday it had received a 2.3 billion yen ($26 million) order from a major Chinese liquid crystal display panel maker.
V Technology's statement came soon after a report in the Nikkei newspaper that Apple Inc had slashed orders for screens hit LCD makers' shares in Japan and South Korea.
V Technology, which supplies equipment used to make smartphone and flat TV displays, said in a media release it had been approached by at least one other major LCD panel maker planning a new production line.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine