- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
Japan LCD equipment maker says major panel makers eyeing investment
TOKYO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Japanese LCD panel equipment maker V Technology Co said on Tuesday it had received a 2.3 billion yen ($26 million) order from a major Chinese liquid crystal display panel maker.
V Technology's statement came soon after a report in the Nikkei newspaper that Apple Inc had slashed orders for screens hit LCD makers' shares in Japan and South Korea.
V Technology, which supplies equipment used to make smartphone and flat TV displays, said in a media release it had been approached by at least one other major LCD panel maker planning a new production line.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this