Japan LCD equipment maker says major panel makers eyeing investment
TOKYO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Japanese LCD panel equipment maker V Technology Co said on Tuesday it had received a 2.3 billion yen ($26 million) order from a major Chinese liquid crystal display panel maker.
V Technology's statement came soon after a report in the Nikkei newspaper that Apple Inc had slashed orders for screens hit LCD makers' shares in Japan and South Korea.
V Technology, which supplies equipment used to make smartphone and flat TV displays, said in a media release it had been approached by at least one other major LCD panel maker planning a new production line.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.