U.S. considering logistical help for France in Mali conflict
WASHINGTON Jan 15 (Reuters) - The United States is considering providing logistical support to assist France in fighting rebel forces in Mali, White House spokesman Jay Carney said on Tuesday.
"We share the French goal of denying terrorists a safe haven in the region and we support the French operation," Carney told reporters at a briefing.
"We are supporting the French by sharing information and we are considering requests for logistical support," he added.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |