Hollande says expects African troop deployment to take week
ABU DHABI Jan 15 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday that the deployment of a joint African force to help French troops battle al Qaeda-affiliated militants in Mali could take "a good week."
Speaking from a French military base in Abu Dhabi, Hollande also said French forces in Mali had overnight "made further strikes which hit their targets."
"We will continue the deployment of forces on the ground and in the air," Hollande added.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House