REFILE-CANADA FX-C$ pares losses after U.S. data
TORONTO Jan 15 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar trimmed its losses against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday after data showed U.S. retail sales rose more than expected in December.
The currency firmed to C$0.9854 versus the greenback, or $1.0148, from around C$0.9861, or $1.0141, before the release.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor