CANADA STOCKS-TSX finishes stronger as Barrick, Goldcorp lead
TORONTO, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished higher on Tuesday, led by Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc, which rose on news that their joint-venture Pueblo Viejo gold mine achieved commercial production. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index ended up 38.88 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,641.97. All but the information technology and industrials sectors closed higher.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor