CANADA STOCKS-TSX finishes stronger as Barrick, Goldcorp lead
TORONTO, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished higher on Tuesday, led by Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc, which rose on news that their joint-venture Pueblo Viejo gold mine achieved commercial production. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index ended up 38.88 points, or 0.31 percent, at 12,641.97. All but the information technology and industrials sectors closed higher.
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight