CANADA STOCKS-TSX pares losses on positive Barrick Gold, Goldcorp news
TORONTO, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index briefly turned positive on Tuesday, helped by Barrick Gold and Goldcorp, which rose on news their joint-venture Pueblo Viejo gold mine achieved commercial production. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 0.41 of a point to 12,603.50 before easing back into negative territory. Five of the index's 10 main groups were positive, while two of the index heavy-weights, the financial and energy sectors, were among the decliners.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl