Hong Kong shares to open 0.1 pct down, China Taiping up
HONG KONG Jan 15 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start slightly lower on Tuesday, with the market taking a breather after its recent strong showing with property stocks taking the lead.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.11 percent at 23,388.47. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to open 0.19 percent lower.
Shares of China Taiping Insurance Holdings Co Ltd rose 4.6 percent after the China's fifth-biggest mainland insurer by market capitalisation said it was considering acquiring an additional 25 percent stake in Taiping Life Insurance from its parent company.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport |
- Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash