Japan's Nikkei rises 1.2 pct to scale 32-month high
TOKYO Jan 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose 1.2 percent to a 32-month high in early trade as persistent weakness in the yen boosted demand for exporters' shares.
The Nikkei climbed 126.51 points to 10,928.08, while the broader Topix gained 1.2 percent to 909.05.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut