PRESS DIGEST - China - Jan 15
SHANGHAI Jan 15 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Tuesday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
--China's currency, the yuan, is likely to continue its two-way trade and rise slightly this year, the newspaper said in its commentary.
--Jiugui Liquor Co Ltd, a Chinese liquor maker, said its net profit is likely to be between 480-520 million yuan in 2012, up 149 percent to 170 percent from 2011. However, the company's fourth-quarter earnings marked a sharp fall after media reports said it added excessive levels of plasticisers to its products.
CHINA DAILY (www.chinadaily.com.cn)
--Experts say measures to fight pollution could hurt the economy as some construction works will be put on hold and factories told to halt production.
--With a recovery in the Chinese economy, the country's power consumption could rise 9 to 10 percent in 2013, up from 5.5 percent growth in 2012, the newspaper said in its commentary.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |