PRESS DIGEST - Financial Times - Jan 15
LONDON, Jan 15 (Reuters) -
TOP UK BANKS BACK NEW WATCHDOG
WESTMINSTER HITS AT GOLDMAN SACHS BONUS PLAN
PENSIONS REFORM TO NET TREASURY 9BN STG
EU BERATES CHINA OVER STEEL SUBSIDIES
British Banking Association head Anthony Browne said Britain's banks would support a new professional standards body.
A plan by U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs to delay paying UK bonuses to take advantage of a tax cut has drawn heavy criticism from members of Parliament.
Britain's Treasury will benefit by more than 9 billion pounds annually from 2017 from pension reform.
In a report, the European Commission said China was illegally helping steel manufacturers to obtain materials below market prices.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee