PRESS DIGEST - Financial Times - Jan 15
LONDON, Jan 15 (Reuters) -
TOP UK BANKS BACK NEW WATCHDOG
WESTMINSTER HITS AT GOLDMAN SACHS BONUS PLAN
PENSIONS REFORM TO NET TREASURY 9BN STG
EU BERATES CHINA OVER STEEL SUBSIDIES
British Banking Association head Anthony Browne said Britain's banks would support a new professional standards body.
A plan by U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs to delay paying UK bonuses to take advantage of a tax cut has drawn heavy criticism from members of Parliament.
Britain's Treasury will benefit by more than 9 billion pounds annually from 2017 from pension reform.
In a report, the European Commission said China was illegally helping steel manufacturers to obtain materials below market prices.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House