Raiffeisen Bank International not aware of need for writedown
VIENNA Jan 15 (Reuters) - Raiffeisen Bank International Chief Executive Herbert Stepic said on Tuesday he was not aware at the moment of any need to write down the Austrian lender's goodwill along the lines of rival Erste Group's move on Tuesday.
Stepic was speaking to reporters after Erste said it was writing down goodwill by 300 million euros ($401 million), mainly on its Romanian subsidiary BCR.
($1 = 0.7482 euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest