Raiffeisen Bank International not aware of need for writedown
VIENNA Jan 15 (Reuters) - Raiffeisen Bank International Chief Executive Herbert Stepic said on Tuesday he was not aware at the moment of any need to write down the Austrian lender's goodwill along the lines of rival Erste Group's move on Tuesday.
Stepic was speaking to reporters after Erste said it was writing down goodwill by 300 million euros ($401 million), mainly on its Romanian subsidiary BCR.
($1 = 0.7482 euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls