Death toll from Aleppo university explosions rises to 52 -group
BEIRUT Jan 15 (Reuters) - At least 52 people were killed and dozens wounded on Tuesday in two explosions that rocked the university in Aleppo, Syria's biggest city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Two explosions hit the university during the day while students were sitting exams. The cause of the explosions was not clear but the government and opposition activists blamed each other.
The Observatory said in a statement that its death toll was based on reports from doctors and students.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak